OH ~ ~ ~ Lawdy. Is this a joke or what ? ? ?
Where has the 1st Lady Been on this issue????
She is completely focused on school children.
- Who is focused on Traumatic Brain Injury ? ? ? ? ;
- Who is focused on Amputees ? ? ?
- Who is focused on Bi-Polar???
- Who is focused on ?? ?? ??
Who is focused on VA Employee Stress?
- Patients yelling at you.
- Families swearing at you using the English Language in a way - you could N E V E R Imagine ? ? ?
- And all any VA employee wants is to take a break and enjoy a very good lunch...
The ONLY way this happens, is if the employee can find a hiding place outside and brings their
own lunch from home.
Most employees can not leave Post / Station for Lunch. So - walk to Emp. Cafeteria and Pray.
- Hard boiled eggs made on Monday & expected to last the week. . .
- Bag salad greens sprayed with a preservative to last for days & days in open bowls. After few HOURS stuff taste funny ~ much less after few DAYS.
- O L D grease used for french fries & burgers & hot dogs. The burgers are far from 100% beef
- and No One, Including docs ~ ever ask "hot dog content ".
- French fries are fake potatoes.No baked chicken or fish. who wants that???
- Jello is a necessary food group for all 3 meals a day.
- Wonder Bread IS Nutritious. Who are you to question that CHQ Contract across all 50 states.
- CELIAC ???? oh - alittle oatmeal or cream of wheat can't upset your system that much, because V.A. CHQ in DC thinks cream of rice is a joke
- Corn is can corn left over from 1958. No corn is ever that hard & yellow - straight off the cobb.
And this is also feed to the hospital patients. God help any patient that has specific dietary needs.
The families - literally - have to jump up & down - over & over ;
days on end -
before anyone in the "Kitchen" gets - hummm. special diet. just take jello. :~)
The V.A. motto is to just buy a bag of peanut M&M's - cause contained in the bag ~
are all the colors representing all the mandatory food groups.