Short-Term Geocosmics and Longer-Term Thoughts
First, Mercury will end its retrograde motion later this week, on October 25.
This was an important Mercury retrograde cycle, because it began with the Sun
in an air sign (Libra), and Mercury started in a water sign (Scorpio) but ended
in air (Libra). The last time that happened was October 11 – November 1, 2007.
You may remember October 11, 2007 was the all-time high for the Dow Jones
industrial Average, after which it “crashed” for the next 17 months.
The time before that ~ was the back-to-back series of Mercury retrogrades in October-
November 2000 and February 2001. Before that, it was in February, June, and
October 1994. And before that, it was in October 1987. You can see that it is a seven-year
cycle. You can also see that it has coincided with banking and financial crises.
The retrograde Mercury instances in 2015 (three of them) will all start and end with Mercury
in an air sign. The last time that happened was the three instances in 2008. Does this
ring any bells? Well, yes, because 2008 was when the Cardinal Climax began, and
in 2015, it will end for the most part. Thus, we can look at the entire Cardinal Climax
period as having occurred with the air-air-segment of the 7-year Mercury retrograde
What does it mean when Mercury begins and ends in air signs in such a series?
- The heavy emphasis on air highlights the principle of intellect, fast thinking.
- However, the thinking that takes place in air is often conceptual or theoretical, and not based on any experience or “common sense.”
- Hence, decisions are often made that sound “smart,” or “intelligent,” but in reality, they either work remarkably well or fail miserably.
I am more optimistic about the next seven years than the last seven years, however,
because the Sun will be in an earth sign at the start of the last two Mercury retrograde
transits in 2015. Earth signs represent practicality and experience, a sign of maturity.
Although ideas will still be quite intellectual and conceptual, at least they will be
integrated with common sense.
With all air and no earth, everything is an “experiment” based on theories. That was
the political and economic/banking climate for the 7-year Cardinal Climax.
In 2015, it switches to giving more importance to new policies that have some
historical basis for working, and not just an abstract theory that it “should work”
across the board. In any event, this will be one of the themes of the
Forecast 2015 Book.
Another subject to be discussed in the Forecast 2015 Book will be the indications
of a worldwide epidemic, such as the Ebola virus. This is a current concern,
of course, as new cases are rapidly being reported, even in the USA.
- In the study of astrology, disease and epidemics are governed by Neptune.
- When Saturn is present, it attacks the immune system.
- When Pluto is involved, it can be life threatening.
- It takes some probing, but there are astrological indicators present and
forthcoming that warns of potential danger, and the need to be very careful
over the next 1-2 years.
First, Neptune is in its ruling sign of Pisces.
In the chart that I now prefer for the United States (July 2, 1776, 11:50 AM,
Philadelphia, PA), Neptune is actually crossing the sixth house, which is the
house of health.
This chart was discussed in great detail at the recent ISAR conference in the
speech titled “America at the Crossroads: Will It Survive, Perish, or Transform?”
Neptune will be in the sixth house of this USA chart for the next 14 years, so the
nation is vulnerable to an epidemic or diseases. The last time Neptune was
in this position (1848-1853), there was a Cholera pandemic in the USA,
followed by yellow fever (www.infoplease.com).
Beyond that, we have to look at the “charged degree” of the zodiac in which the
492-year Neptune-Pluto planetary-pair cycle (conjunction) took place in
1892-1893 at 6-8° Gemini.
Transiting Neptune is now in waning square to this point for the next year.
- It was in the waxing square to this degree segment in 1931-1933,
the Great Depression
- and in opposition 1973-1975.
Oil Embargo leading to a serious economic recession).
and the Oil Embargo leading to a serious economic recession).
However, Neptune was not on the USA house of health then via this rectified chart,
as it is now. Still, it warns of potential economic problems as it did in these
previous two passages of hard aspect.
And finally (well, not really finally, as I am sure other astrological researchers will
discover and point out additional correlations),
Saturn is approaching its waning square to Neptune.
- They become square by sign to one another after Saturn enters Sagittarius on December 23, 2014.
- They make their actual square aspect three times between November 26, 2015 and September 10, 2016.
although it may. Furthermore, it may not manifest exactly at that time. Aspects
with orbital cycles this long between instances can have an orb of influence
for up to 1-2 years.
The bottom line is this: the possibility of a pandemic or epidemic of a health
crisis is possible, given the geocosmic signatures in effect now and over
the next two years. It could pertain to the Ebola virus. It would be wise to
take extra safety precautions during this period.
However, the principles of astrology can manifest in a multitude of life
experiences, and this aspect is not relegated to just the health realm.
- Saturn and Neptune in hard aspect, for instance, can relate to a political scandal accompanied by lies and/or cover-ups.
- It can also relate to an economic misjudgment by central banks that lead to financial turmoil,
- an oil spill causing an environmental crisis (or some other oil-related crisis, for Neptune rules oil).
- the sea,
- all bodily fluids,
- and critical miscalculations based on inaccurate data or intentional deceit.
On the higher plane,
- it can also represent a deep knowledge of spiritual law and the wish to act with complete integrity and virtue.
- It is the principle of karma – the manifestation and consequences of one’s intentions.
- It is a time when we are apt to witness great examples of honor – and unfortunately, dishonor as well - by leading figures on the world stage.
This means that each and every one of us has to stay dedicated to creating and maintaining
one super healthy and strong immune system. And I will always suggest
Medicinal Mushrooms. . . .